NEW DELHI, (C.M. Paul) – A corporate laws and finance advisor has proposed “Reform Act of 2012” by which to fix the elected representatives of the people – the parliamentarians. Jay Bhattacharjee says, there should be no tenure / no pension for them. Parliamentarians collect a salary while in office but should not receive any pay when they’re out of office.
- Parliamentarians should purchase their own retirement plans, just as all Indians do.
- Parliamentarians should no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Their pay should be linked to the CPI or 3%, whichever is lower.
- Parliamentarians should lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as the Indian people.
- Parliamentarians should equally abide by all laws they impose on the Indian people.
- All contracts with past and present Parliamentarians should be void effective 1/1/12. The Indian people did not make this contract with them. Parliamentarians made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Parliament is an honour, not a career. The Founding Fathers of our Republic envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each citizen contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (inIndia) to receive the message. Don’t you think it’s time?
Advisor (Corporate Laws & Finance)
Member : Delhi Stock Exchange Ltd.
Tele : (91-11) 4182-8165 / 2651-0174
Mobile : (91) 98102-39986