Based on the property damage, intrusion of religious place with an intent to commit vandalism and physical harm, the court should have been moved against the party and the leader who is on record with his statement to the press and damages should have been claimed in billions of rupees. This could have been a deterrent against similar anarchy in the future.
Bajrang Dal people claim that they have only attacked New Life Fellow Ship Centers in Karnataka giving the reason that they are involved into forcible conversions. But they have attacked number of Roman Catholic and protestant churches and their prayer centers. Irony is that there is not even a single complaint lodged for forcible conversion all over India. Also there are several reports of forcible re-conversion to Hinduism in Orissa and other parts of the nation.
In fact at the beginning Bajrang Dal people openly claimed responsibility for the attacks. Later on they changed their statement and said all attacked places belongs to New Life Fellowship only. But now slowly they change their statement once again saying that they are not behind these attacks. May be they are now frightened that thegroup will be named as terrorist and banned.
The list of places that were attacked by them on 14th September 2008 and the following day. Also four Roman Catholic churches in the next Sunday (21st September). Three churches in Bangalore and one in KodaguDistrict. I got total list of 33 places of attacks. There may be somemore left out apart from these.
A. South Canara District:
1. Roman Catholic: Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration Monastery ofMilagres in Mangalore city. Broken crucifix and vandalized the placeof worship including the blessed sacrament, furniture, window glasses.
2. Protestant Church: Kodikal CSI Church, Mangalore. Vandalized
Crucifix, sound system, furniture, lights and glasses.
3. Syriyan Church:: St. George Church in Ujire, Belthangady. Entered in the early morning 3.00 am and vandalized crucifix, blessedSacrament. They gathered bible, books, curtains and other things fromthe church and set fire.
4. Protestant: “Mahima Prarthanalaya” of Parenki, near Madanthyar. Vandalized the place including furniture, windows and attacked onPastor Antony Rodrigues and three others attempting to their murder.But all four are survived.
5. Indian Pentecostal church: Kalanja village, Belthangady. Vandalizedthe place.
6. Protestant: “Bethesda Aradanalaya” in Borugudde, Sullia. Vandalized the place.
7. Protestant: Nettana, Puttur, Sullia. Vandalized the place. AttackedPastor Joy and badly hurt.
8. Believers Church of India: Bannur, Puttur, Sullia. Vandalized the place.
9. New Life Fellowship Centre: Mastikatte, Moodbidri. Vandalizedfurniture, TV, VCD.
10. New Life Fellowship Centre: Kulur, Manglaore. Vandalized the place.
11. New Life Fellowship Centre: Kankanady, Mangalore. Vandalized the place.
12. Protestant: I. P. C. Prayer centre, Karyatadka, Belthangady. Vandalized the place. Robed bibles. Attacked and seriously injuredKrisudas an Dikayya.
13. Roman Catholic: St. Annes Friary, Jail Road, Bejai, Mangalore.Vandalized the place.
14. Roman Catholic: CODP Prayer Centre, Nantoor, Mangalore. Vandalized the place.
15. Roman Catholic: Vijaya Mary Convent, Mary Hill, Bondel, Mangalore.Pelted lots of stones and vandalized the place.
16. Roman Catholic: Infant Jesus Convent, Mary Hill, Bondel, Mangalore. Pelted lots of stones and vandalized the place.
B. Udupi District:
17. New Life Fellowship Centre: KSRTC Bus Stand, Udupi. Vandalised the place.
18. New Life Fellowship Centre: Byndoor, Shiroor. Attacked and
attempted the murder of Pastor K A Abraham. Vandalised the place.
19. New Life Fellowship Centre: Madur, Kollur. Attacked the people.Vandalised the place.
20. New Life Fellowship Centre: Taluk Office, Karkala Vandalised the place.
21. Roman Catholic: Malayalee Christians Clara Sadana in Kundapur. Pelted stones and vandalised the place.
C. Chikmangalore District:
22. Jehova Witness: Magod Village, Yahova Witness prayer centre.Vandalised the place. Attaced pastor Samiulla.
23. Prayer centre of Singarakatte, village in Kadur Taluk. Attakedpeople. Kalleshappa and Savitry are badly injured.
24. Time and Full Gospel Harvest Prayer centre, Jayapura. Koppa. Bajrang Dal people entred the prayer hall attacked people. Vandalizedthe place.
25. St. Thomas prayer hall, Gorigandi, Balehonnur. Vandalised the place.
26. Roman Catholic: Vandalized the place of Our Lady of Mount Carmelprayer hall, Kudremukh. Vandalised the place. Broken the glasses ofmore than 20 windows.
D. Chikkballapur district:
27. St. Thomas peace prayer hall Chikkanagadi is vandalized.
E. Kolar District:
28. Roman Catholic: Statue of St. Mary in St. Mary’s Church Kolar Cityvandalized.
Churches attacked on 21st September
F. Bangalore District:
29. Roman Catholic: The St James Church in Mariannanapalya on the ringroad near Hebbal, Bangalore City.
30. Roman Catholic: The Church of Holy Name of Jesus near
Rajarajeshwarinagar on Mysore Road in Bangalore City.
31. Roman Catholic: Church at Boonahalli near Devanahalli in city outskirts.
G. Kodagu District:
32. Roman Catholic: Madikeri Church.