Clean, Credible, Competent, Corruption Free and Committed – Candidate
Dear Friends/ Citizens,
Recently we have experienced very traumatic times when our beloved country has been threatened both from beyond our borders and within.
Troubling times are upon us with Indian fighting Indian on grounds of caste, creed, community, region, language and culture for political advantage of the few, putting at grave risk the many.
Corporate India has lost its ethical moorings underwriting the mayhem created by the political class for the singular pursuit of profit.
The sanctity of Parliament has been compromised by persons with criminal histories a mile long; unable to debate on issues of national importance, squandering crores of public money on un-conducted business in an unattended Lok Sabha. Thereafter, our representatives enjoy the highest levels of security afraid of the citizens they represent.
Once again the Lok Sabha Elections are around the corner.
From 1.2 billion people we have to choose 542 persons with impeccable credentials to serve and provide leadership.
While we have enjoyed a far from impressive track record doing so, till date, another opportunity is upon us to make the difference that we have been seeking for so very long.
If we citizens have to bring the change then, we have to respect each other’s political differences and arrive at a consensus seeking good governance from the political parties that represent us.
Please consider this an appeal from one Indian citizen to another,setting aside religion, community, language caste etc.
May I request you to read the contents of the petition below and then visit the link to sign it.
In order that this petition may receive the widest possible circulation and signatures, may I request you to do the following:
· Translate it into any and every Indian language.
· If any individual, group or organisation wishes to replicate the petition in an Indian language and place an electronic version on the petition online website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This is only to ensure that there is no duplication of the petition in any one language.
· For those with no limited or internet access, please take a print out of the petition and have the same signed, or thumb imprinted.
· For those groups, organisations etc, obtaining signatures on a hard copy, please have a representative sign the petition, providing email address,valid registration number of organisation and number of signatures obtained.
· For those groups of people with no internet access, the original hard copy may be sent to the, Chief Election Commissioner, Election Commission of India, with photcopies to each of the poltical parties marked ” 5C’s Criteria For Lok Sabha Candidates” in a language of your choice.
· The electronic version of the petition will also be sent to the Election Commission of India, with copies to each of the poltical parties.
Let’s make the difference…
The petition title is: 5C’s for Lok Sabha Candidates.
The petition URL is: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/5CLS09/petition.html
The petition is directed to: Political Parties of India _ National, Regional, Local
The start date is: .January 31st, 2009
The end date is: ..March 1, 2009
The petition statement says:
To: The Political Parties of India (National, Regional and Local)