DIMAPUR — The Salesian Provincial Delegates for Missionary Animation (PDMAs), representatives of the provinces and those of the Salesian Family (FMA, MSMHC, SMI, VSDB, Disciples), gathered together with the General Councilor for the Missions, Fr. Vaclav Klement SDB, for a meeting of Missionary Synergy Building for South Asia on the theme “Mysticism and Mission,” 9-11 November 2013 at DB provincial House Dimapur. They affirmed that “being a missionary is essentially being a mystic (having the heart of God); and that we need to work together as a Salesian Family to reach out to the unreached.”
They also declare that “we are committed to our personal call to be mystics; and work together by having animation programmes at the South Asian Regional, inter-provincial and provincial levels, sharing animation materials; and praying for each other and for the missions.
The practical elaboration of the above are given below.
1.Personal Growth in Mysticism
- Each one will take personal responsibility to integrate prayer and apostolate.
- In addition to the community practices of piety, give more space for the daily meditation on the Word of God and personal adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Disseminate information of Christian mystics, sharing of experiences, etc. through social media. Fr. John Dharmanathan will coordinate this.
2. Missionary Networking and Collaboration among the Salesian Family Members
- Organize meeting of PDMAs, the provincial delegates for youth pastoral, formation and social communication and the Salesian Family delegates for mission at the regional level – once in 3 years. RDMA, in charges of mission/evangelization.
- Similar meeting is to be organized in smaller regions (cluster of provinces) and at provincial level for the missionary animation teams once in three years. RDMA, in charges of mission / evangelization.
- Have the Salesian Family members coming together for animation cum sharing at the zonal levels within the province at least once in 2 years. PDMA
- Initiate missionary groups in the various settings of our mission.
- Prayer campaign for the missions to be organized (email@example.com).
- Promoting missionary vocations for all the congregations / institutes in the Salesian Family.
- Next meeting will be held from November 09 to 11, 2014. Invite also the VDBs, the Salesian Cooperators, Sisters of Maria Auxiliatrix.
3. Action Plan for Missionary Animation in the Region for 2013-14
- PDMA will conduct seminars on missionary animation for the Salesian Family members at the provincial level in 2014.
- Sharing of animation materials for missionary animation with Salesian Family members every month. Fr. Pathiaraj INM will coordinate this.
- Knowing that missionary animation at all levels is important for keeping up attraction for Ad Gentes Mission, let the South Asian Delegate for Missionary Animation be a full-timer who can also look for vocations to mission ad Gentes as he animates the different provinces according to a plan approved by the SPCSA. He will also visit educational institutions to animate youngsters on the importance of Initial Proclamation.
- Publication of short life stories of missionaries: first three issues by IND, ING, INC.
- In collaboration with the social communication commission, organize proclamation of the Good News in an attractive way for the Young making use of the digital world of websites, bloggers and pod casters, and Short Messages like Scripture quotations through music which the young are familiar with. Fr. Joe D’Souza will see to it.